Entries for drawing must be received between 12:00 AM ET on 07/20/17 and 11:59 p.m. ET on 08/02/17. This sweepstakes is open to James Patterson newsletter subscribers and/or Community members who are residents of the continental U.S. or Canada only (void in Quebec) and who are 13 years of age or older at the time of 07/20/17. Please see Official Sweepstakes Rules for details. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. TO ENTER Enter above by providing your first name, last name, and email address in the fields above and then submitting it by clicking the "Enter Sweepstakes" button between 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on 07/20/17 and 11:59PM ET on 08/02/17. Only an email address subscribed to and registered in an entrant's name may be used by such entrant. In the event of a dispute about entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same email account, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the sweepstakes at the actual time of entry. The authorized email account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet-access provider, an online-service provider or another organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Limit one entry per person per email account. In case of multiple entries from the same entrant, only the first received entry from the person will be accepted.
2. ELIGIBILITY The sweepstakes is open to legal residents of United States and Canada (void in Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older as of 07/20/17. Sweepstakes not open to employees, and their families, of James Patterson or Sponsor or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, participating sponsor prize suppliers or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the sweepstakes or prizes (collectively the "Affiliated Parties"). This offer is void wherever prohibited, and subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. RANDOM DRAWING Five (5) grand prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about 08/16/17 from among all eligible entries received. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. Odds of winning will depend on number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by email, mail or telephone. If a Canadian resident is selected, he/she will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be eligible for the prize. If Sponsor elects, the name of the prize winner(first name & last name initial) and hometown may also be posted online at www.jamespatterson.com.
4. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) Prize each. Each prize will consist of a copy of 1st to Die. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prize is $10. ARV for all prizes is $50. The winner will be responsible for all federal, state, province, local and/or sales taxes for the prize as well as the proper reporting or declaration of income and payment of taxes and related costs, including interest and/or penalties, to the appropriate governmental authority(ies). Sponsor may be required to withhold all or a portion of the prize to winners who are subject to Canadian law. No warranty or guarantee will be given by Sponsor with respect to any prize. Any and all guarantees and warranties are subject to the manufacturer's or service provider's terms and conditions, and the winner agrees to look solely to such entity for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment or transfer of prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value. Potential winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor within five (5) business days after receiving an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity release form. If a winner is considered to be a minor is his or her state of residence, at Sponsor's sole option, the prize will either be awarded to the minor winner's parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner, or the minor's parent or guardian will be required to ratify and sign the affidavit of eligibility and publicity release. In addition, the winner will be required to verify their address and age and present evidence of residence if instructed by Sponsor.
6. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF APPLICANTS, WINNERS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE AWARDS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S OR JURISDICTION'S LAWS.
7. NAME OF THE WINNTERS: For the name of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 1st to Die c/o Hachette Book Group, Inc., 1290 Avenue of the Americas, Room 5-742, New York, NY 10104 available after 08/19/17 and before 09/19/17. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
8. The Sponsor of this promotion is Hachette Book Group, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104.